Software web page: http://cropplanning.googlecode.com
Source code: https://github.com/claytonrcarter/cropplanning
- familiar, spreadsheet-like interface
- easily create and print weekly field planting and GH seeding lists
- sort and filter your crop plans so you only see what you want to see
- powerful database makes it easier to work with your plans and keep data linked together
- easily keep track of whether something has been planted, transplanted and harvested
- easily keep track of the actual and planned dates upon which something is planted, transplanted and harvested
- data can be "linked" from crops ==> varieties ==> individual plantings
- enter certain values and have others calculated automatically; for example:
- enter a number of beds or row-feet to plant and the program can calculate how many transplants you'll need
- enter a desired yield quantity and the program can tell you how many row-feet or beds you should plant
- enter your desired date of harvest and the program can estimate when to plant
- bed and row lengths can be set for every field or even for every bed
- Missed a planting? Don't delete it, just ignore it (ie, "skip" it) to get it out of the way.
- Plantings can be explicitly marked as direct seeded or transplanted and can have different planting data accordingly.
- Help you estimate how much seed you'll need to execute your plan
More features coming in next update, scheduled for late winter 2013.